Domain messages and world broadcasts are great ways to make announcements, run event games and prize giveaways, and tell people a little about your world.
You can send 'domain broadcasts' within your own worlds, except for your Zaby world. A domain broadcast will send a message in purple text to the local chat of all properties you own within the world you're sending from.
So if you have a world called "World1" and you have 10 properties in that world, sending a broadcast to World1 will send a purple-text message to the local chats of all 10 properties.
To send a domain broadcast:
- Navigate to a property in the domain you’d like to send a broadcast in
- Click the down-arrow button in your button menu (where your mini-avatar is)
- Click Broadcast
- Enter the text you’d like to send to all local chats within your world
- Click Submit
To let another member to send broadcasts in your world:
- In your Social Center, navigate to the Property tab
- Click the Manage World Tab
- Select the world you'd like to edit permissions for from the drop-down menu
- Click the Permission sub-tab
- If you don't have a broadcast permission list set up:
- Under 'Create New List', type the name of your new list (I suggest something like Broadcast so it's easy to tell what it's for)
- Click 'Go'
- Under 'Work with a list', make sure your new list is selected from the drop-down menu
- In the 'Type Member Name' field, type the name of the member you'd like to allow broadcast permissions
- Click Add
- You can repeat the last two steps to add more people to your broadcast list
- Once you have a list, set the following permissions using the drop-down menus:
- Type: Allow
- List: (whatever list contains the people you'd like to let broadcast)
- Action: Send a domain broadcast
- Click Create
You can edit your broadcast permissions list any time from the same page you added the permissions on. Simply select it from the "Work with a list" drop-down menu. You can then delete people from the list, or add more.
Your domain message will appear in the 'Domain Info' tab of the in-world explore menu when someone visits a property you own.
To set up a domain message:
- Navigate to the Property tab of your Social Center
- Click the Manage World sub-tab
- Select which world to set a message for from the drop-down menu
- Click the Message sub-tab
- Type your message in the box
- If you’re copy/pasting, make sure to paste as PLAIN text, or your formatting might make it hard to read
- You can use the basic text editor or switch to ‘Source’ to throw in some HTML
- Keep in mind it will be displayed on a dark background, so light text colours are best
- Scrolling currently doesn’t work, so keep it short and sweet
- Links only sort of work, so it’s best to use a shortened link that people can type, if you need to include one
- Click the UPDATE button