Dimensions are identical copies of a property that can serve two purposes: allow separation between different orientations and languages, and catch population capacity overflow. People in different dimensions will not be able to see each other, and will not share a general chat. Each dimension has its own general chat.
Moving To Other Dimensions
You can see a list of available dimensions by clicking the Dimensions button (Looks like a D) on your button menu (where you can see the mini version of your avatar int he upper-right corner of the 3D Browser)
From the list, click any dimension you'd like to enter it. You can see each dimension's orientation and language settings, as well as whether or not it's reached its population capacity.
Orientations & Languages
Most properties are not dimension locked, which means when someone enters a property, they will be placed in a dimension that matches their default orientation and language settings. If a dimension is not already open matching those settings, a new one will be created. Owners of properties can set language and orientation locks. With these locks set, visitors' default orientation and language settings will be overridden, and any new dimensions that open will have the same settings as the original.
To set your default language and orientation:
- Log in to the virtual world
- Click the settings button. It looks like a wrench and hammer, and is located by your mini-avatar in the upper-right corner
- In the General tab, use the drop-down menus to set your Language and Orientation
- Click OK to save your settings. You may need to exit and restart the 3D browser for changes to take effect
Available language dimensions are: English, Español, Français, Greek, Hungarian, Italiano, Nederlands, Polish, Português, Turkish.
Default if nothing chosen
Public sex & BDSM allowed in public areas
|Furry||For furries, nekos & friends|
|AG Role Play|
When a property reaches its 'soft' population capacity, a new dimension will be created and any new visitors will be added to the new dimension.
Each dimension contributes to the property's 'hard' population capacity. So, if a property has a soft cap of 10 and a hard cap of 50, a new dimension will open for every 10 visitors, until there are 5 full dimensions. If all 5 dimensions are full, that's a total of 50 visitors, and the hard cap has been reached. Once the hard cap is reached, no new visitors can enter the property and no new dimensions will be created.
UVIP members can bypass the soft cap and remain in a full dimension, but they cannot bypass a hard cap. So if you see a dimension with a Max value of 30, but there are 39 people in it, that means there are at least 9 UVIP members (or some staff) in that dimension.
If the property does not have any language or orientation locks in place, new dimensions will open based on the visitors' default language and orientation settings. If it is language or orientation locked, any new dimensions created will have the same language and orientation settings as the original.
Locking Your Property's Language & Orientation
Owners of properties can set language and orientation locks. With these locks set, visitors' default orientation and language settings will be overridden, and any new dimensions that open will have the same settings as the original. To lock a property's language and orientation:
- In your Social Center, navigate to the Property tab
- Select the property group your property is in from the CHOOSE PROPERTY GROUP drop-down menu
- Find the property you want to manage and click the Manage button
- Navigate to the Rules sub-tab
- Use the Force Language and Force Orientation drop-down menus to select the language and orientation you want to use for this property
- Click Save Settings to save your changes. If there's anyone in the property already, they will remain in whatever dimension they're in until they leave. Any new dimensions created will match your new settings.