|Registration for the Utherverse Affiliate Program has been temporarily restricted. To inquire, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.|
The Red Light Center Affiliate Program lets you make money by referring new members to RLC! Just make sure the people you’re referring use your tracked link to sign up, and you’ll get 60% of their upgrade fees for their first year. Once a new member signs up, you’ll be able to contact them to welcome them to RLC and encourage them to upgrade.
- To sign up for the affiliate program, log in here with your Red Light Center username and password: https://www.redlightcenter.com/Affiliate3/landing.html. If you don’t already have one, there is an option to create a new account.
- You can view the Affiliate Agreement any time here: https://www.redlightcenter.com/legal/AffiliateAgreement.aspx
- You can find your affiliate link, along with banners and templates, here: https://www.redlightcenter.com/Affiliate3/creative.aspx
- You can track your stats here: https://www.redlightcenter.com/Affiliate3/stats.aspx
- You can request a payout here: https://www.redlightcenter.com/Net/Market/PDFOut.aspx
Why Become An Affiliate?
- Payouts on request
- Easy management of your referrals
- Quick and easy report generation
- High conversion rates
- Distinct banners will stand out on your site
How to Make Money As An Affiliate
Affiliates make money by referring their contacts to RedLightCenter. Every time one of your referrals upgrades to a VIP or UVIP account you earn 60% of that payment.
We provide you with lots of different Promotional Tools which include banner ads, videos, email templates and landing pages. You can use one or all of these conversion tools on your own existing website, or you can create a new site just dedicated to promoting RedLightCenter. You can easily use one of our landing page templates and set up a domain to do this.
There are many ways to refer members. Here are some ideas:
- On your website: add banners, personal testimonials, videos and text links.
- Email your contact list using our Email template or write something yourself
- Posts to Social Media sites you frequent (don’t forget to use your unique tracking link)
- Word-of-mouth is very effective
If you have any questions or want more tips please email email@example.com.
In the Stats section there is an area called “Referred Users”. From here you can:
- Inbox message your referrals in the RedLightCenter Social Center. This is a great way to stay in touch with your users and encourage them to upgrade their account.
- View referral statistics
- View sales activity
You can withdraw funds via the Marketplace. Visit the Withdrawal page to get your funds. If you'd like to learn more about your trader account and the marketplace, check out the Marketplace Help Article.
I REFERRED SOMEONE BUT DIDN'T GET PAID!
If you’ve recently referred a new member but did not receive revenues, here are some common reasons why:
- The new member has not upgraded to a VIP or UVIP membership. You will only earn money on upgrades from members you referred
- The new member did not sign up using your tracking link. If a new member signs up using a link that does not include your tracking code, there is no way for the system to know that it was you who referred them. Your tracking code is “?trq=” followed by your affiliate ID, and can be found at the end of the Affiliate Link provided on the Promotional Materials page of the Affiliate Site: https://www.redlightcenter.com/Affiliate3/creative.aspx
- The member signed up over 12 months ago. You will receive earnings from their upgrades for the first 12 months of their membership. After that, you will no longer receive earnings for their upgrades. If this is the reason for your drop in affiliate income, the best course of action is to refer more members. A steady stream of fresh members means more money for you!
If you have checked and none of these are the reason you did not receive a payout, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MY PAYOUTS ARE GETTING SMALLER!
The most common reason for a drop in affiliate payouts for member rebills is members aging out of the program. When someone signs up through your tracking link, you will receive earnings from their upgrades for the first 12 months of their membership. After that, you will no longer receive earnings for their upgrades.
You may refer to section 4.2 of the Affiliate Agreement for more information: https://www.redlightcenter.com/legal/AffiliateAgreement.aspx
If this is the reason for your drop in affiliate income, the best course of action is to refer more members. A steady stream of fresh members means more money for you!
If you’ve checked your stats and this is not the reason for your decline in revenues, please email email@example.com.
I DON'T LIKE YOUR LANDING PAGE. CAN I USE CUSTOM LINKS?
You can use custom links to refer new signups as long as you include your tracking code on the end.
Your tracking code is “?trq=” followed by your affiliate ID, and can be found at the end of the Affiliate Link provided on the Promotional Materials page of the Affiliate Site: https://www.redlightcenter.com/Affiliate3/creative.aspx
- Standard referral link: http://www.redlightcenter.com/?trq=104601
- Custom referral link: https://www.redlightcenter.com/oculus/?trq=10460
Keep in mind that the current RLC landing page has the best conversion, so it’s best to use the standard link.
*The tracking code displayed is a test code and does not earn money. Please use your own code as provided through the Affiliate Program.
HOW DO I SET UP A WHITE LABEL?
Custom landing page templates, email templates, ads, and videos can be found in the promotional area of your Affiliate center here: https://www.redlightcenter.com/Affiliate3/creative.aspx
Custom-branded downloads are only recommended if you are including a download link on your own website and/or in communications to potential members. There is information on how to create a custom-branded download later in this article.
If you are looking for franchise opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss availability, costs, and requirements. White Label franchise licenses are available for regions that are not already in exclusive arrangements with our current Franchise partners. We have exclusive arrangements for the following regions: Germany, Brazil, Russia, Spain, Turkey, and Hungary. We also have several language-exclusive arrangements for those regions. If you are interested in franchise opportunities outside those regions, you are welcome to submit a business and marketing plan for us to consider. If your business and marketing plan is approved, we will contact you to discuss the particulars of the deal, including technical specifications, product support, hosting, and payments. The minimum setup and license fee is $100,000, and additional fees may be required depending on the scope of the project. To submit your plan, please email email@example.com
HOW DO I PUT MY OWN BRANDING ON THE RLC DOWNLOAD?
If you've set up a custom landing page or ads, you may want your RLC client to look the same! You can set up a version of RLC with your own branding, including the installer, loading screen, icons, and more!
Here's how to create your own custom-branded download of RLC:
- Log in to your account
- Go to the Property tab
- From the Manage World sub-tab, use the drop-down menu to select the world you want people to land in when they use your custom download
- Select the Branding sub-sub-tab
- From here you can add your custom name and images, and see the link you will need to send people for them to download and enter your custom-branded world
- Don't forget to click Update to save your changes
- You can download and install your own custom world to check how your custom images look
These are the things you can customize:
- Desktop Name is the name people will see on the desktop icon and in their start menu instead of 'Utherverse' or 'Red Light Center'
- AppIcon is the desktop icon that users will see instead of the UV or RLC logo. The AppIcon must be an .ico file
- Loading is the image that will be shown when the client is changing regions. The image size is 800x600 and can be a PNG, BMP, or JPG image
- Login is the background image of the client login screen. The image size is 800x600 and can be a PNG, BMP, or JPG image
- Header appears at the top of the client login screen. The image size is 500x90 and can be a PNG, BMP, or JPG image
- Splash is the image shown when the client is starting. The image size is 800x600 and can be a PNG, BMP, or JPG image
- Patcher is the image shown above the progress bar when the client is patching. The image size is 400x250 and can be a PNG, BMP, or JPG image
- Installer Welcome is the image that appears on the side of the install Welcome and Finish pages. The image is 164x314 and can be a PNG, BMP, or JPG image
- Patcher Buttons include Launch, Working, Repair, and Repair (off). They are all 100x30 and can be a PNG, BMP, or JPG image.